Re: Unidentified subject!

1996-05-24 12:23:35
Giuseppe Giglio <mc8885(_at_)mclink(_dot_)it> writes:
Now I have this setup of .procmailrc :
* ^TOinfo
*!^FROM_DAEMON
|(formail -r -a "Precedence: junk"\
-I"From: Auto Replay from giglio.com " \
-I"Subject: Received email" \
-A "X-Loop: info(_at_)giglio(_dot_)com";\
cat $FILEDIR/info.txt ) |$SENDMAIL -t

:0
* ^TO.*
! mc8885(_at_)mclink(_dot_)it

*****cut here *********

and this results :

- messages mailed to giuseppe are forwarded correctly.
- messages mailed to federico are forwarded correctly.
- who send messages to info, receive correctly the autoreplay,
but I LOSS THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE (it doesn't forwarded neither left on pop
of server)
- all other messages mailed to anythingelse(_at_)giglio(_dot_)com are
forwarded correctly

According with the log file, I think that procmail when receive a mail to info
it found :
- No Match for (1st condition)
- No Match for (second condition)
- Match on (3rd condition) so it process the mail sending the autoreplay.
AND AFTER ??? what about the original mail ?
The log file finish here non considering the last (^TO.*     )condition.

To quote the procmailrc(5) manpage:

     There  are  two  kinds  of  recipes:  delivering  and   non-
     delivering  recipes.   If  a  delivering  recipe is found to
     match,  procmail  considers  the  mail  (you   guessed   it)
     delivered  and will *cease*processing* the rcfile after having
     successfully executed the action line of the recipe.   ...

     Delivering recipes are those that cause header  and/or  body
     of  the  mail to be: written into a file, absorbed by a pro-
     gram or forwarded to a mailaddress.

Since the autoreply recipe does the middle of those (absorbed by a
program), it is a delivering recipe and procmail ceases.  That's not
what you want, so we read a little farther in the manpage and see:

     You can tell procmail to treat a delivering recipe as if  it
     were  a  non-delivering recipe by specifying the `c' flag on
     such a recipe.  This will make procmail  generate  a  carbon
     copy  of  the mail by delivering it to this recipe, yet con-
     tinue processing the rcfile.

Does that make sense?  Do you see what to do?

Philip Guenther