Re: a recipe questuion

1996-05-28 08:39:24

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Hua Su wrote:

:0
* ^From.*de
! su(_at_)ifen1(_dot_)bauv(_dot_)unibw-muenchen(_dot_)de
! ac1anetz(_at_)unibw-muenchen(_dot_)de

You can't have two action lines. You should use:

:0c
* ^From.*\.de\>
! su(_at_)ifen1(_dot_)bauv(_dot_)unibw-muenchen(_dot_)de

:0A
! ac1anetz(_at_)unibw-muenchen(_dot_)de

The `c' flag tells procmail to continue after the first recipe, and the
`A' causes procmail to execute the second action line if the first was
executed.
But, it is better to write:
:0
* ^From.*\.de\>
!su(_at_)ifen1(_dot_)bauv(_dot_)unibw-muenchen(_dot_)de
ac1anetz(_at_)unibw-muenchen(_dot_)de

That means all messages from Germany should be forward to su and
ac1anetz, but actually the received messages are only sent to su,
not to ac1anetz. I don't know why? Can any one help me!

Notice that I've changed the regex so that only mail from Germany is
forwarded. Your condition would also match on mail from
dennis(_at_)foo(_dot_)com
(The \. matches a period, and the \> matches a non-word character - see
the procmailrc man page.)

- --
Guy Geens <guy(_dot_)geens(_at_)elis(_dot_)rug(_dot_)ac(_dot_)be>: Ph.D.
student at ELIS -- TFCG / IMEC
Home Page: http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/ELISgroups/tfcg/staff/gg.html
finger ggeens(_at_)elis(_dot_)rug(_dot_)ac(_dot_)be for PGP public keys (or use
keyserver)

The feel of the action is far behind.
The fruit of the action has nailed you down,
Dragged you down!
Sealing up reaction overwhelms your conscience,
Leads to more diversion, and pulls you down.
Coming to attention, going through the tension,
Praying for the sanction, you're fading out