Messages get concatenated!

1996-05-31 07:07:47
--- Begin Message ---
I just managed to subscribe to this list, and I've got some questions:

- I'm trying to get procmail to sort out the messages from a mailinglist.
I've set up a simple recipe for doing this (I'll add that below), but:
procmail always escapes the first line of all messages following the first
one with a >. This line contains something like "From user(_at_)host Tue May 28
15:10:53 MES 1996". I think the fact that this line is escaped causes elm
(and mailx, too) not to recognize the start of a new message, so all messages
are shown as a part of the first one.

So how do I get procmail to behave less intelligent?

- I'm running procmail from a background job, piping the contents of
/usr/mail/mbelow into it with cat. But procmail even then wants to modify
the access rights of my /usr/mail/mbelow from 660 to 600 or something like
that (640?).
That makes the mail daemon not able to deliver new mail -- I guess that's
it why I didn't managed to subscribe to this list...

Again, how do I get procmail to behave less intelligent?

Thanx...

        -Michael

My /home/mbelow/.procmailrc follows (there is no /etc/procmailrc), as you
can see it's a variation of the first example:

# Please check if all the paths in PATH are reachable, remove the ones that
# are not.

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail      # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

:0                              # Anything from thf
* ^Resent-From(_dot_)*debian-user(_at_)lists(_dot_)debian(_dot_)org
debian                          # will go to $MAILDIR/todd

# Anything that has not been delivered by now will go to $DEFAULT
# using LOCKFILE=$DEFAULT$LOCKEXT

--- End Message ---