Private lists without SmartList

1996-05-31 08:52:10
hi,
  I cannot install SmartList on my system so I have to resort to
  poor man's mailing lists. I have managed to get the subscribe
  to work, still nothing about unsubscribe (no problem so far)
  but I have tried everything I can think of, and looked at the
  man pages (formail, procmailex, procmailrc, procmailsc) and
  haven't been able to do this:

  Subscriber list in: $HOME/.procmail/lists/LISTNAME.list

  Because I am not sysop I cannot define system alias for my list,
  additionally I want to have several (but not many, say 3-4) lists.
  I can think of using X-To: LISTNAME to differentiate the list
  at which the message is targeted (any better ideas? many mail
  programs don't allow to define custom headers). Then the mail
  is bounced to the people in LISTNAME.list.  At the moment it
  should not matter whether the return address is that of the
  sender or the list (but if you have hints you are welcome).
  Anybody got a recipe for this?

                Thanks in advance,
                                        Emilio
--
NAME: D. Emilio Grimaldo T.        | Communication Multimedia |   _/_/_/_/
EMAIL: grimaldo(_at_)sce(_dot_)philips(_dot_)nl     | Senior Software Engineer
|   _/_/
ADDRESS: Eindhoven,The Netherlands | ph. +31 40 2722099       |  _/_/_/_/
 * * http://www.iaehv.nl/users/grimaldo/index.html :) * *     | _/_/_/_/
Limited choice & Monopoly foster mediocrity & incompetence  (o o)