Re: Auto Subscription FINALLY!

1996-05-31 14:17:56
| Also, I don't think my formail has a -z option (unless it's undocumented)
| I have an unknown version of formail and it doesn't have a man page, but
| typing formail -h brings up a list of options and -z isn't there....
You can still get around it:

It would seem I don't need too... I tried it out, and it works fine..
thanks

| >   :0 # twenty-five dots
| >   * NAME ?? ^^\/..........................
| >   { NAME=$MATCH }
| I don't like the idea of using the dots.... what if the variable is less
| than 25 what happens???  and if it's null??
If $NAME is null, unset, or shorter than twenty-five characters, then the
condition doesn't match, so the code in the braces is skipped, and $NAME is
left at its previous value, exactly as you want.

Alright, this worked as well, just you had one too many dots because
'1234567890123456789012345thisisextra' was truncated to:
'1234567890123456789012345t', but I'll fix that... but perhaps you can
answer me this.. how do I trim ANY whitespace from the beginning OR end of
$NAME?

| No no... the addresss has to stay intact or else how could I put it on my
| mailing list?? no, address can be as long as possible, EVEN when it's
| subbed into $NAME....
OK, Gino, thanks for explaining.  I'd asked before but you didn't answer
then.  I don't know how you're using these variables, so it wasn't clear to
me that $NAME shouldn't be truncated if you fill it in from $FROM_ADDRESS.

It's alright, thanks a lot for your help though.... have you seen my other
post yet about getting the 'coc subscribe' request from EITHER the body or
subject?? how would I go about that?