Dealing with Quota's?

1996-05-31 14:25:08
We have a configuration where we use procmail and deliver into people's
home directories.

Currently we have quota's turned off, but we plan on turning them back on
soon.  What is the expected behavior when procmail can't update a person's
mail file because he/she is over quota.  Does it die with a hard error and
bounce back to sender?

We would like it to die with a soft error and place the message in a local
queue (a queue other then the default queue would be great).  That way we
can keep those messages local for a few days giving our users a chance to
come back under quota and be delivered.

BTW, User's home directories are mounted via NFS...

Does anyone have experience doing this?

-Ed Hill (ed-hill(_at_)uiowa(_dot_)edu)
Systems Administrator - Information Technology Services - University of Iowa
"I am Homer of Borg, prepare to be assim... Ooooooooh donuts!"