Re: Forwarding beginning of messages

1996-06-01 11:12:26
Adriano Barenco <a(_dot_)barenco1(_at_)physics(_dot_)oxford(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
writes:
I am new to procmail. I am trying to write a recipe that sends a copy of
all my mail to a second account, however, I would like those e-mail longer
than, say, 10K, to be truncated and only the first 100 lines forwarded
(the header should be intact, thogh). Is there a simple way to do that
(using formail, I guess), in such way that the message gets forwarded with
the original "From:" ?

:0 c
{
    :0 Bbf
    * > 10240
    | head -100

    :0
    ! myother(_at_)account(_dot_)some(_dot_)where
}

Philip Guenther