Re: Two ^TO questions

1996-06-03 18:42:27
Vince LaMonica <vjl(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> writes:
Two quick questions pertaining to the ^TO macros...

1) The procmailrc man states that:

    If the regular expression contains `^TO_' it will be substi-
    [snip]

I've always used `^TO' as below...is the above `^TO_' *really* an
<underscore>, or a <space> (I've seen some folks use underscores in
places of spaces to show others that there *is* a space..such as From_).

Yes, that really is an underscore.  Note that the ^TO_ "pseudo-macro"
is distinct from the "^TO" pseudo-macro.

2) The procmailrc man continues by showing the `^TO' macro..
I've been using ^TOuserid(_at_)foo\(_dot_)bar for quite a bit of my recipes.
But
recently I started to see a problem. The above states that ^TO covers
mail that has been Bcc'ed to the user; how does one know if one has been
Bcc'ed if the Bcc headers are stipped? Currently, mail Bcc'ed to
userid(_at_)foo(_dot_)bar does not match the above condition.

First of all, some mailers send Bcc's as a seperate message with a Bcc:
header.  For others, depending on the exact list of address being sent
to and the MTAs handling the message, the recipient(s) of the Bcc may
show up in a Apparently-To: header (this may be considered a bug if it
happens).

Philip Guenther