Re: procmail question about ^TO

1996-06-05 15:13:31
Hal Wine explained to Sebastian Bernheim:

| You needed the 'dummy' arguements when you had the braces because they
| were treated as literal characters in the regular expression.  That is:
|     * ^TO{fred|barney|joe}
| would match mail to:
|     barney
|     {fred
|     joe}

Actually, it would match mail to `{fred' and mail with any appearance of
barney or `joe}' anywhere in the head:

      ^TO{fred
      barney
      joe}

| As I think about it, you don't even need the parenthesis as you have
| the regexp written.

Yes, you do, even though there are parentheses around the expansions of
^TO and ^TO_.  If Sebastian's version of procmail doesn't have ^TO_, then
^TO is the next best thing, and the condition should look like this:

    * ^TO(sbern|sebby)