Re: What would cause this?

1996-06-07 16:14:23
On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Wotan wrote:

I have a secondary account on patriot.net.  They use procmail 3.10 as
their mail agent.  Which i got to work fairly well.

Last week they upgraded the OS from FreeBSD to Red hat Linux.  Since the
upgrade my auto-responce recipes have been acting funny.

Procmail keeps trying (and failing) to open LASTFOLDER.  Which keeps
getting set to "".

And it is unable to write to .lock files - although the filters it is
hanging on do not use locks.

Same thing happens for me under HP-UX 9.x at work. I have no trouble
with users that have .forward files with a call to procmail, but for
the rest, when I use procmail as local delivery agent, it seems to
take an awful lot of time --- nearly exactly 30 minutes --- to deliver
a local mail. And I've seen odd lock file problems.

Could they have messed up the recompile of procmail?

Their responce is that it must be my recipes - but the tech who responded
was unsure as he is not familar with procmail.

--
A.I. hackers do it with robots.

-- Leif Erlingsson, http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1998, +46 8 604 0995

Choice fortune cookie:  Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are
                        master of your fate and captain of your soul.