Using Alternate Sendmail.cf File

1996-06-10 10:04:50
I'm running SmartList, and would like the mailing lists to use an
alternate sendmail.cf file (so that I can define a smart host for mailing
list mail, but not for regular mail).  In the sendmail.cf file, the
variable is set as "DShostname.com".  I have tried a variety of hacks to
the rc.init to change the sendmail options, but nothing has worked so
far.  I have tried the -Cpathname option to direct sendmail to use a
different sendmail.cf, but messages are never sent.  I have also tried
redefining this macro at the command line with -oMShostname.com, but that
also resulted in no messages being sent from the list.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is there a different file I should be
tring to hack to include a different command line option to sendmail?

Thanks,
--Sam

Samuel Lewis, Attorney-at-Law    :  Romanik, Lavin, Huss & Paoli
slewis(_at_)CompLaw(_dot_)com               :  Hollywood, Florida
http://www.CompLaw.com/~slewis   :  Phone:  954-922-4656
Disclaimer:  Nothing in this message is meant     < Finger for PGP >
to be taken by the receiver as a legal opinion.   <   public key   >