Re: Problems with formail (2nd time)

1996-06-14 08:14:27
John T Ellis <ellis(_at_)cork(_dot_)cig(_dot_)mot(_dot_)com> writes:
Howdy.  I've never had any problems with my .procmailrc file until just
recently when my sysadmin began using restriced shell for mail.  Here's the
story.

Try putting

        SHELL = /bin/sh

at the top of your .procmailrc

#------------------------------------------------
# Ensure I don't get duplicate mail messages.
#------------------------------------------------
:0 Wh: msgid.lock              # w produces (non-fatal) error msg
| /cladach/user16/users/ellis/bin/formail -D 8192 .msgid.cache

I would suggest writing this as

:0 Wh: msgid.lock              # w produces (non-fatal) error msg
| $HOME/bin/formail -D 8192 .msgid.cache

In general, use $HOME whenever you would write out the path to your
home directory.  This will allow things to keep working if, for instance,
your sysadmin moves your home directory at some point, say, after that
one disk catches fire, and the other fills up, and...

* ^Subject:.*procmail-d Digest
* ^To: procmail-d(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
| /cladach/user16/users/ellis/bin/formail +1 -ds >>procmail

You need a local lockfile for this.  Add a colon after the ':0' that
starts the recipe.

Philip Guenther