Re: "From:", "From:" -> "FFrom:", "rom:"

1996-06-17 10:05:57

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Philip Guenther wrote:

I am more concerned about the munged "From:" headers. Anyone got any
ideas? Thanks.

I would guess that the munged From: headers are due to the locking
failures.  Have you looked at _why_ procmail is getting lock failures?
Possible causes include:

1) delivering mail on NFS clients with broken lock daemons
2) delivering mail on NFS clients whose server has a broken lock daemon
3) bad perms on mail spool & underpriviledged copy of procmail (do the
      account having problems have explicit .forward files feeding
      into procmail?)
4) not enough directories were given to procmail's configuration script
      to test locking against.  Were all the different classes of
      directories (NFS mounted from server running WomBatOS V6.66,
      NFS mounted from server running WomBatOS V66.6, local, etc)
      tried?

I don't use any NFS, but it is true that I did not test ALL directory
types for the locking test. Perhaps I will try that - I have also written
to the author of IPOP3D which we use to access the same mailboxes, for
advise on his use of FLOCK which uses an entirely different locking file
than Procmail uses.