Using procmail to filter my outgoing mail?

1996-06-20 08:07:38
Hi everyone

I am using procmail to run a interactive game.  Basically when a
participant send me a
request with the appropriate subject line, the message get pipe into the
game program,
which is fine.

This program is interactive.  If I run it when I am reading my mail
(whitout procmail filtering)
I will be prompt for a typo if there is one present in the request.  I can
correct it and the request
will be process correctly.

When procmail pipe the request with a typo,  I am not able to correct
those.  The game program
will wait forever for my input....  What I have done is to put a TIMEOUT
=50 sec in my
.procmailrc file.   Therefore procmail terminates the program, and put the
request in my
mailbox.   I can then run this request when I read my mail, and made the
necessary correction.

The problem is that the recipient will get a message from me with no
subject and no body in the
message.  I would like this to be avoid.   I would think that if procmail
could filter my outgoing
mail, I could for example kill all message I sent with no subject in them.
But I do not
find any example of this in the man pages.

I would be very gratefull if someone has a solution to this.  Many thanks
in advance.

Gilles Carmel, Ph.D.

Senior Scientist II
Genome Therapeutics Corporation