Re: SOS!!! Promail problem!!!

1996-06-20 05:12:04

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Alan Stebbens <stebbens(_at_)sgi(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm guessing, because I haven't seen this exact message before, but I'll
bet that this is the result of a Mprog redefinition, in the sendmail
configuration, to "safe" shell script, like "smrsh".
<snip>
Alan

I tend to agree. I set up procmail under Solaris 2.4 and when I installed
Berkeley sendmail 8.7.5 with smrsh, I THINK that's similar to the message
I kept getting. I couldn't seem to convince smrsh that everything was okay
(although I didn't spend too long working at it), so the easiest fix I
found was to just change the local mailer to procmail. Once I did that,
everything worked perfectly.

Ryan