Re: Does this simple recipe need lockfiles?

1996-06-20 13:22:25
Rocket Ray <areray(_at_)io(_dot_)com> writes:
Hi!  This recipe does what I want it to (save a copy of the header of
non-mailinglist mail to the file ".my_mail", and a copy of the whole
message to the file "mysave":

:0 c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
{
 :0 hc
 .my_mail
 :0
 mysave
}

But I'm unsure if a lockfile (or lockfiles) are advisable.  The procmailex
man page gives examples that don't use them, but gives very similar
examples in which they *are* used.  I'd very much appreciate any advice.

Assuming that .my_mail and mysave are simple files (not directories),
then yes, you should put local locks on the recipes:

:0 c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
{
  :0 hc: