Re: Procmail not responding at all

1996-06-25 09:06:06
gislil(_at_)hafro(_dot_)is (Gisli Leifsson) writes:
I've been having some problems which probably have such a simple solution that
I will never find it on my own.
I've been trying to set it up for some time now but all I've managed to
acomplish is to let mail get lost. I downloaded it today myself and set it
up in my home dierctory but everything works the same as when I used the one
already installed globally.
and his .forward file is:

"|/home/fiski/gislil/bin.sun4/procmail -f- #baldur"

All mail is being delivered on a sunOS machine and we are using something
called smrsh.
I've checked all permissions I can think of. Baldur's .procmailrc and .forward
files are both world readable and my ~gislil/bin.sun4/procmail is world
executable.

smrsh stands for the "SendMail Restricted Shell".  With smrsh, copies
of or links to all binaries to be executable from .forward files must
be installed in /usr/lib/sm.bin, i.e.:

solen# ls -o /usr/lib/sm.bin
total 8
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root          21 Jun  3 14:05 filter -> /usr/local/bin/filter
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root          11 Jun  3 14:14 procmail -> ../procmail
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root          18 Jun  3 14:15 vacation -> ../../bin/vacation
solen#

Make sure such a link exists for procmail on the SunOS machine.

Philip Guenther