Lockfile problem

1996-06-26 08:43:35
Hi,

I'm sorry if this question is one of the standard ones, but I've asked
many people for help about this, but noone seems to know..

I'm using Linux, kernel 1.2.13 (slackware 3.0), and popclient/procmail.

When I run pop (a script) I get, after a while, this message:
lockfile: Try praying, giving up on "/var/spool/mail/krr.lock"

This message appears ONCE for each mail I get. The mail finds its way
to the mailspool with no trouble, it's just annoying with this error-
message. If anyone knows what the problem might be, and how to fix it
I would appreciate it alot.

Please mail me any replies directly, since I have not subscribed to this
mailing-list. (If I get subscribed automatically, then it's no problem
I guess.)

KRis