Re: smail instead of sendmail -- solved!

1996-06-27 16:45:21
dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com (David W. Tamkin) on Tue, 25 Jun 1996 wrote:
Anyhow, formail -r does not generate a From: header, because there
are essentially only two reasons to use formail -r: to extract a
reply address, or to address a response. In the former case, only
the To: line produced by formail -r matters and how it would name
you in From: doesn't count; in the latter case, it expects to have
the output handed over to the MTA in a later step, and then the MTA
will add the From: header.

However, often the MTA is configured to accept an existing From:
header if there is one in its input and then not add one of its
own. If smail is set up that way on your system, try this:

(formail -r -I"From: Timothy Luoma <luomat(_at_)nerc1(_dot_)ner(_dot_)com>" ;
\
ls -l $MAILSERVER )|$SENDMAIL -oi -t

This solved the problem,

thank you very much

TjL

--
Timothy J. Luoma, currently with nothing witty to put in his .sig
        luomat(_at_)nerc(_dot_)com  <<--NEW address