slipping -f- into the way

1996-07-08 19:42:22
I wrote,

| Stephen,

Silly me.  I started it out as a post to the list, but figured that ...

| it would not be of any general interest.

and that I should direct it privately to Stephen, but I forgot to change the
outgoing address.  Sorry.  So no, Stephen didn't decide to share it; it was
the fault of my cheesecloth memory.

Anyhow,

| This is the only single-process, doesn't-jeopardize-the-From_-address,
| method I've come up with:
|
|         :0fh
|         | procmail -f- DEFAULT='|' /dev/null

And it seems to work except for one thing: the pipe in "DEFAULT='|'" triggers
an unnecessary shell.  So now I have this:

          savemetas=$SHELLMETAS

          SHELLMETAS

          :0fh
          | procmail -f- DEFAULT='|' /dev/null

          SHELLMETAS=$savemetas

and it works dandily.  Still, if there's a better way, I'd like to know it.