Checking: Environment from .forward

1996-07-18 07:00:56

I've been using prcomail for years, and now with a new job, I
grabbed and compiled it just fine (procmail-3.10), but I can't get it to
run from my .forward file.  I can run

procmail < some_input

with test mail, and it is happy with my .procmail file, but when I
use the suggested .forward file, I get no errors, and no mail:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /home/wpcallah/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #wpcallah

so I tried:

\wpcallah, "| /home/wpcallah/bin/procmail -v "

which ensured that I would get a copy of the mail (un-filtered)
and one from procmail as well.  I go the following
error:

Cannot exec binary file.
sh: /home/wpcallah/bin/procmail: cannot execute
554 "| /home/wpcallah/bin/procmail -v "... unknown mailer error 1

another try:

\wpcallah, "| /home/wpcallah/bin/procmail "

gives:

554 "| /home/wpcallah/bin/procmail "... unknown mailer error 1

I wonder why it says: Cannot exec binary file.  Or why it seems to
be attempting to run it as a shell script?  Is there something funny
in my environment that results from it being run from .forward?

--

Paul Callahan

My "From wpcallah(_at_)tddcae99" as mailed from here is wrong, and I can't
change it.
Funny things happen.
My REAL address: wpcallah(_at_)tddcae99(_dot_)fnts(_dot_)com