Re: Checking: Environment from .forward

1996-07-18 17:42:36
"David" == David W Tamkin <dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com> writes:

    David> W. Paul Callahan wrote ... well, we saw his question.
    David> Could it be a permissions problem?  What are the perms of
    David> your $HOME, your $HOME/bin/, and $HOME/bin/procmail itself?
    David> On some systems the MDA runs unpriliveged, so everything
    David> involved needs to be world-readable, world- cd'able, and
    David> world-executable.

OK, so I set everything to 777 my home, bin, maildir, and
mailfile.  Didn't change anything.  I think that makes
since: running procmail -v, it should not try and write
anything, only execute without error, but I got:

Cannot exec binary file.
sh: /home/wpcallah/bin/procmail: cannot execute
554 "| /home/wpcallah/bin/procmail -v "... unknown mailer error 1

I also tried another suggestion:

Cannot exec binary file.
sh: /home/wpcallah/bin/procmail: cannot execute
554 "|IFS=' '&&p=/home/wpcallah/bin/procmail&&test -f $p&&exec $p -Yf-||exit 75
#web"... unknown mailer error 1

no improvment.

Makes me think that a restricted shell may be the problem.
I have not run into the I.S. guys today, but unless I get another bright
idea, that is my best suggestion.

    David> | My "From wpcallah(_at_)tddcae99" as mailed from here is wrong,
    David> and I can't | change it.  Funny things happen.  | My REAL
    David> address: wpcallah(_at_)tddcae99(_dot_)fnts(_dot_)com

    David> Your Reply-To: header took care of the problem, Paul.

Good.  I knew it would work person-to-person, but I didn't
know what e-mail lists would do to it.  But I see, this list,
and 2 others have preserved my reply-to line.

Paul