Setting Up Procmail Filter

1996-07-18 19:48:53
OK - now I understand enough about the recipes, I am still not clear about
how mail works and how the procmail fits in.

For most accounts is what is required to make just a .forward file and then
a .procmailrc file?

The other thing I was wondering is which is the best page to read regarding
echo? The procmailex gave the best examples, but I am not clear on how to
set up an echo.

At this point, I am pretty well set up for myself, however, I would like to
help other people set up their filters. Seems there is a tremendous demand
for it but there are not that many people who know unix well. I guess as
more people get on the Net -for good or for bad, there is less and less
computer knowledge and more need for the filters.