Re: Cannot get "simple" recipe to work.

1996-07-21 10:25:34
David Wright wrote,

| :0:
| * ^From.*dwright
| from_me
|
| :0
| * ^Subject:.*Flame
| /dev/null

|     But, when I look in my mail directory, I get:
| eden%ls -la
| total 206
| -rw-------   1 dwright  students    27284 Jul 19 15:22 *
  [rest of ls -la display deleted]

| eden%procmail -v
| procmail v2.61 1991/01/31 written by Stephen R. van den Berg

berg(_at_)messua(_dot_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
|                                 berg(_at_)physik(_dot_)tu-muenchen(_dot_)de

Yup.  Very old version, and Stephen is srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl nowadays.

|   That file that is the * is my problem.

Yes, it is.

| My only guess is that my version of procmail is too old, but I want to be
| sure before I request an upgrade from the system administrators.

Be sure.  Be very sure.  Asterisk notation came in much later (around 2.91,
I think).  Meanwhile, use the old code style:

  ::
  ^From.*dwright
  from_me

  :h