Re: permission and group being changed on mail files

1996-07-24 01:02:01
"Alex M." <alexm(_at_)daffy(_dot_)fn(_dot_)net> wrote:
I installed procmail 3.11pre4 no a BSDI system and noticed that some users
mail files (mail is kept in a directory called /var/mail) are getting
their permissions changed to 660 from 600 and their group ids are being
changed from user to mail.

Why is procmail doing this and how can I stop it?

We would need to know what the current permissions/owner/group on
procmail, /var/mail and /var/mail/someuser are to know why.

As for fixing it, make sure that procmail is setuid root *and* setgid mail.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl