System recipie

1996-08-08 17:08:57

Ok, I'm stumped. Would someone please point out to me my obvious fault of
which I cannot see?

        I am trying to do something rather simple, but also
rather complex. I want to be able to send email to any login that is
all numbers on my system and have it be processed (don't ask why). I
short-circuited my sendmail.cf's rules so that it would catch all
combinations of numbers and dump them to procmail, and of course all
the other mail goes to procmail as well. For testing purposes I just made
the first part of the alias send the mail on to my account instead of the
file (as you see in the first part of the rule) but I will soon change
that to a | /usr/local/bin/mycommand when I'm done with that. The problem
is not with the mail to the number (If I mail to 34536456 it gets to me
correctly), the problem is when I mail to a user on the system, it works,
but I get a nasty error message (it appears that after executing the
/bin/rmail procmail then tries to dump the message in a mailbox called
/bin/rmail as well....) Here is the error I get from my logfile when I
send a message to the user smmi:

procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=/var/log/procmail/rc.main"
procmail: No match on "^To: [0-9]"
procmail: Assigning "TO="
procmail: Executing "/usr/local/bin/formail,-xTo:"
procmail: Executing "/bin/mail -d  smmi"
/bin/mail -d  smmi: /bin/mail -d  smmi: cannot open
procmail: Error while writing to "/bin/mail -d  smmi"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/bin/mail -d  smmi"