Re: procmail changing mailbox permissions.

1996-08-21 20:10:08
marks(_at_)ep(_dot_)cursci(_dot_)com writes:
When I set up procmail for mail filtering and some forwarding I use the
.forward file and the .procmailrc file. However procmail changes the
permissions of my mailbox - how can I stop procmail doing this.

To quote the procmail(1) manpage's MISCELLANEOUS section:

     If /var/mail/$LOGNAME already is a valid  mailbox,  but  has
     got too loose permissions on it, procmail will correct this.
     To prevent procmail from doing this make sure the u+x bit is
     set.

I.e., execute the command:

chmod u+x /path/to/your/mail/box

Philip Guenther