No default and writing to root

1996-08-26 14:24:41
I'm just getting this going, if you can believe that...

Two problems I have are:

1)  There doesn't seem to be a default mailbox where mail not matching any
recipe can go.  I've tried adding a DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/dir but that doesn't
matter.  The tail of the .rc has this:

:0:
* ^FROM_MAILER
$ADMIN
    :0e:
    $DEFAULT
        :0e:
        $FAILDROP

:0:
$INBOX
    :0e:
    $DEFAULT
        :0e:
        $FAILDROP

...which came from an example and probably isn't very functional (duh).

Problem #2 is that mail not specifically matching the recipes gets dumped to
files IN THE ROOT, like this latest log entry: