preserve original "from" when forwarding

1996-08-27 20:05:43

Now that I have my procmail recipe seperating mail for p*(_at_)domain(_dot_)name
and forwarding it onwards, I would like to find some way to
preserve the original "From: " field in the mail.
My recipe looks like this:

:0
*^TOp[^   \*(_at_)domain\(_dot_)name
! peter(_dot_)morrison(_at_)australia(_dot_)ncr(_dot_)com

When I receive forwarded mail, it always comes from
"astea(_at_)domain(_dot_)name"
because that is the address that procmail is forwarding from.
I'd like to be able to REPLY to the real sender of the mail, sometimes.
I haven't found a procmail FAQ yet, so I would welcome a reference,
if the answer is in there. Otherwise, can anybody help?

BTW, I've always called it "prok-mail". English is English...

Regards,
Peter Morrison.
 --
Mild-mannered PowerHelp tech support by day (peter(_at_)astea(_dot_)co(_dot_)nz)
Super-powered Dispatch-1 legend after dark (legend(_at_)iconz(_dot_)co(_dot_)nz)