Re: /var/mail

1996-09-01 11:01:14
Georgios Vetoulis suggested to a previous poster (who had difficulties because
procmail's compiled-in default value for $ORGMAIL was invalid),

| I had the same problem, and the only solution was to go to the sources
| grep for spool, and change "/usr/spool/mail" to what my system liked.
| It is only in one place and very easy to do. Then you compile and presto

That's not the only solution: there is a setting in config.h around line 57
called SYSTEM_MBOX.  Uncommenting it and giving it a value overrides the
setting for $ORGMAIL determined by autoconf.  (Autoconf will still offer its
opinion during the make process, but at compilation time procmail will use
the setting of SYSTEM_MBOX instead.)  Set that and recompile; that way it
will be easier to change back or change yet again if something new comes up.