procmail 3.10 dumping core on large address lists

1996-09-17 12:12:17
Hi,

I'm not a subscriber to the list, so I hope I get an e-mail
response (I get too much mail already to subscribe to more lists!).

I'm running procmail 3.10 in my .forward (ESMTP Sendmail 8.7.4/8.6.12).

When receiving e-mail that contains a lot of address in To: or Cc: ,
procmail dumps core. This continues until the message bounces. I
get a "procmail.core' file in the Mail directory. Is this a known
problem? I used gcc to compile on BSDI BSD/OS 2.1.

Also, I have a large number of addresses I wish to reject (I post
on Usenet often and get tons of unsolicited advertisements). I find
it faster (and more satisfying) to reject them to reply (or even
be forced to unsubscribe to something I never asked for, some
advertising mailing list managers have a lot of nerve).

Anyway, is there an easy way or rule that would allow me to maintain
a list of reject addresses, say in an external ASCII text file? My
egrep lines are getting quite long.

Thanks,
Ken.

Mail: kmarsh(_at_)charm(_dot_)net             | Edit a binary .INI file, then
tell
WWW:  http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | me that UNIX is too complicated.