How to kill procmail-processes?

1996-09-17 23:42:27

The subject already sais it: How can I kill procmail-processes?

We got a workstation cluster under Unix. I use procmail in a simple
fashion: only to sort incoming mails into mailfolders.

The problem I encounter is, that from time to time the machine, delivering
the mail, gets more and more sluggish, the load slowly increases ever
more. The reason for this behaviour is unknown to me, and also for the
system administration. I hope, it's not my use of procmail. Anyway, in this
situation procmail reacts very, very, slowly (in terms of hours). On the
mentioned machine one can see then a number of procmail-processes all
working and I'm the owner, which makes me one prime suspect of slowing down
the machine.

So, the question is: how can I kill procmail processes, maybe the relieves
the machine (I found something about killing provmail in the procmail
manpage, but found it cryptic. At least kill -9 doesn't work.)

Thanks,
        Martin

PS: I don't know, whether I'm still on this mailinglist, so please send a
    reply to me, too