Removeing unwanted = charcters

1996-09-18 05:17:16
Hi all,

I use procmail to put e-mail folders on www (using hypermail in a
pipe).

Is there a way to remove the = characters that are used to wrap long
lines in the e-mail bodies without removing the ='s used for
quoted-printable-encoded characters and those ='s the writer of the
e-mail intentionally has put in the letter? Could I do this in a
filter before the mail is put in a folder? - and if so: how?

I have tried to use mimencode, but that doesn't seem to work. Mimecode
treats all ='s that are not used for quoted-printables as ordinary
characters. Formail doesn't seem to have this function either...(?)

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Tore

--------------[   http://www.nvg.unit.no/~rufsen/   ]------------