help (masquerading?)

1996-09-21 10:20:51
Hello,

I hope this problem is not out-of-topic. If it is, please tell me if
there exist a more suitable mail list.
NOTE: due to the problem explained below, DON'T do "reply"
on this mail, or I won't receive it. Please send answers
explicitly to:       franco(_dot_)deangelis(_at_)login(_dot_)it
I dial-up connect with my UNIX (Linux) host
to an ISP who uses dynamic addressing.
The user name which my ISP assigned me (call it "ISP_login")
is different from the one I have on my host (call it "MY_login").
As to now, mail written from me gets a "from" field like:

                          MY_login(_at_)MY_host(_dot_)ISP_domain
or:
                          MY_login(_at_)ISP_domain

depending on the configurations I tried
(check headers of current message)
Unfortunately, I need the replies to go to:

                         ISP_login(_at_)ISP_host(_dot_)ISP_domain

to retrieve them later with a pop3 client.

So, how can I process the OUTbound mail in order to have
the wanted address in the "From" field?

After reading procmail documentation, I got the idea its purpose
is rather to process the INbound mail.
Anyway I think I shouldn't be the first one who connects to an ISP :-)
so I hope there is a simple solution to this problem which
someone could hopefully tell me....

I thank you in advance for any suggestion

Franco