-a option and FEATURE(local_procmail)

1996-09-23 06:57:20
I am using procmail v3.11pre4 and Sendmail 8.7.5 and am having trouble
with FEATURE(local_procmail).  FEATURE(local_procmail) defines the A
equate as A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

The problem is that since procmail is my local mailer, $h is always
NULL.  Page 431 of the O'Reilly Sendmail book says that this is normal
for a local mailer.  Since $h is null, procmail is being invoked as
procmail -Y -a -d username, which doesn't work properly.  If I modify
sendmail.cf to change the A equate to "A=procmail -Y -d $u" everything
works fine (except I obviously lose the use of the -a option).

Am I doing something wrong or is FEATURE(local_procmail) broken?  How
do I make the -a option work with FEATURE(local_procmail)?

Tony