Mail Forwarding Snags...

1996-09-28 00:56:42
I have a pretty simple .procmailrc file.  I'm looking to accomplish the
following:

1) Forward mail to predefined users.
2) Forward anything left over to a predefined user.

This is what I came up with:

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
VERBOSE=OFF
PMDIR=/XXX/web/XXX/.procmail
MAILDIR=$PMDIR
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log

:0
* ^TOcharley
! crjones(_at_)wizard(_dot_)com

:0
* ^TOoldjim
! oldjim(_at_)cris(_dot_)com

:0
* ^TOchris
! chris(_at_)ilgm(_dot_)com

#This is is the default mail to address
#for anything that slips through the cracks
:0
! crjones(_at_)wizard(_dot_)com

Ok, so a couple problems with this concept:

If I send mail to charley(_at_)ilv(_dot_)com and cc: to
oldjim(_at_)ilv(_dot_)com, I get two messages at crjones.  I can follow why
that happens.  The first recipe gets caught and nothing else processes.

If I change the first three  rules to :o c
I get two copies of the mail at each mailbox (crjones & oldjim) because the
mailer processes two distinct mail messages (am I correct?)  and since I'm
using the c command, I always get a default copy at crjones.

I'd prefer:
To only get one of carbon'd mail at each intended recipient.
To get a copy of the mail at crjones if nothing matches.

Is this possible?

CRJones(_at_)Wizard(_dot_)Com