Re: Help requested....

1996-10-12 11:54:39
      Hi all of you procmail's gurus ;-)),

      I have recently installed procmail and everything is working fine
      except a little point:

      I can't launch any program with the '|' action.
      It just simply doesn't work: Instead of launching the action
      (whatever it is: awk script, cat, lpr), I reveive a copy
      of the mail, although I didn't use the 'c' flag.

      Any help would be great...
      Thanxx.

Here is my .procmailrc
# .procmailrc
#
# First part: Assignments
PATH=$PATH
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=/usr/spool/mail/bredel
SHELL=/bin/tcsh
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

First of all, you should use a BOURNE shell unless you a really good
reason.  Do you really need the advanced command-line editing/completion,
etc. of a TCSH?

# Second part: Recipes

# This one works perfectly:
# Test recipe: Catenate all files with subject : inscrip
# to the file $HOME/Mail/cine
:0 hbW:
* ^(Subject).*!(Inscrip|inscrip)
| cat >> cine

Second, I would suggest you give the FULL path for the file you are
CATing to (i.e., "$HOME/Mail/cine").

Lastly, set the LOG file to maximum verbosity and give us the output to
examine.  Perhaps even the complete "~/.procmailrc" file would even be
appropriate to send here if it isn't TOO long.  :^)

Lates!
Tim <bodysurf(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com>
"Finger" for PGP v2.6.2 Public Key