Re: Q: Too many )'s

1996-10-22 12:46:36
Mark Osbourne <marko(_at_)lexis-nexis(_dot_)com> writes:

A user at my site is having a problem with his procmail mail
delivery.  After the mail gets delivered to his default mailbox, the
message "Too many )'s" is left after the abstract in the log file.

Since other have responded directly to me, I thought I'd better
followup to keep the flood down.

The solution was to set SHELL=/bin/sh in the .procmailrc file.

The user had a problem with their .cshrc file that was not happening
upon an interactive csh startup, so they never saw the problem at
login, only when the shell was run as part of the procmail processing
of one recipe (the one that played the sound I would suppose).

Thanks again for all the help.

--
-- Mark Osbourne      O-
-- marko(_at_)lexis-nexis(_dot_)com