Re: "stty function not implemented" in log file

1996-10-28 11:20:08
I've finally been checking my log file in my efforts to learn
procmail better the last few days, and have noticed a bunch
of these messages.  They've been happening for a couple of months
at least, and I haven't been loosing mail, but I wonder what it
means.

stty: : Function not implemented

There is probably the results of an "stty" command in your .cshrc.  You
are probably invoking some shell commands from within your .procmailrc,
and SHELL is not set to "/bin/sh".  Thus, /bin/csh is probably your
default shell and is being used by procmail to run commands, and any
"stty" in .cshrc in this context won't work, since STDIN is not attached
to a terminal device.