Re: Recipes based on date and time

1996-10-30 03:26:27

        Thanks for the answers. I realize that I could have fixed up that by
myself without bothering anybody...

        But here's now the complementary question... (THAT one I have no
idea of the right (secure) answer)

        Assume I have implemented those recipes. So now I'm going back to
work, and my system mailbox contains those mails that had not being
processed because they came outside business hours and I has not been read
from home.
        I would like those mails to be processed again by procmail to be
put in the adequate folders...

        I scanned procmail's manpage for an answer and found this nice
little script that should do exactly what I need :
          #!/bin/sh

          ORGMAIL=/usr/spool/mail/$LOGNAME

          if cd $HOME &&
           test -s $ORGMAIL &&
           lockfile -r0 -l3600 .newmail.lock 2>/dev/null
          then
            trap "rm -f .newmail.lock" 1 2 3 15
            umask 077
            lockfile -l3600 -ml
            cat $ORGMAIL >>.newmail &&
             cat /dev/null >$ORGMAIL
            lockfile -mu
            formail -s procmail <.newmail &&
             rm -f .newmail
            rm -f .newmail.lock
          fi
          exit 0

        But the problem is : lockfile -ml try to lock my system mailbox with
/usr/spool/mail/gilles.lock and there is NO such directory on my system (my
system mailbox is under /var/mail).

        So what can I do ? (apart from asking sweetly to my system
administrator to put system mailboxes in /usr/spool/mail)
        Is a "normal lock" the right workaround ? (I do not know whether the
locking should be different for mailboxes)

        Once more, thanks in advance for any help, and please, send me a
copy because I'm not on the list.

                                  Gilles
 Dieu a dit : il faut partager. Les riches auront la nourriture,
 les pauvres de l'appétit.                                       -- COLUCHE