Re: question

1996-10-31 00:56:58
    > What I am wondering is if I can do something more complicated - for
    > example, so that it knows where the best place to put it would be.  in my
    > procmail.log file, the following is logged when something bounces:
    >
    > procmail: No space left to finish writing "/usr/spool/mail/slipcon"
    > procmail: Truncated file to former size
    > >From zaphod(_at_)jhu(_dot_)edu  Wed Oct 30 23:13:57 1996
    >  Subject: Eddie's This Sat
    >   Folder: **Bounced**
    >
    > Is there any way to say something like:
    > if folder will == **Bounced**, then save it to "emergency" folder,
    > otherwise leave it alone (so it would go to /var/spool/mail/slipcon)?

This is easy.  I used to do this myself, and, if you send me an email
with the subject of "send procmailrc", you'll get an annotated sample
.procmailrc file which contains these examples below:

    # I use FAILDROP to define a mail drop location which is on a
    # *different* filesystem than my $DEFAULT maildrop.  This allows
    # me to write conditional recipes, which are invoked only if
    # the $DEFAULT or other delivery fails.
    FAILDROP=/other/spool.mail

    :0:
    $DEFAULT

    # Well, the $DEFAULT drop didn't work, so let's try
    # yet another filesystem.
    :0 e:
    $FAILDROP

For any recipe which delivers to a file or folder, you can follow it
with an "else-failed-command" recipe, using the "e" flag.
Alan Stebbens <aks(_at_)sgi(_dot_)com>      http://reality.sgi.com/aks