Expiring users, how to do that?

1996-10-31 06:02:23

I'd like to implement a softer way of deleting users. Previously, I just
removed their account as soon as they left, causing all mail to them to
bounce.

Now I want to redirect their e-mail during a grace periode for, say, 2
weeks, sothat important e-mail is not lost.

I think that procmail will do the trick, by creating a local dummy user,
and alias the 'soon to be deleted' user to this account.

Does this sound like a doable procedure? Have anyone done something
similar? If so, would You share Your ideas, and hopefully, scripts, so
that I do not spend too much time re-inventing the wheel...

Rune Mossige, Systems Support           Tel : +47 515 98 922
Western Geophysical, Stavanger, Norway  Fax : +47 515 98 999
Rune(_dot_)Mossige(_at_)norway(_dot_)waii(_dot_)com             Priv: +47 514
24 771
                                      Mobile: +47 908 71 024