Re: mail is left in default folder...

1996-11-03 21:13:59
anu garg <anu(_at_)wordsmith(_dot_)org> writes:
I find that the message is left in default folder even though it matches
other recipes.  There are two cases when this hapens:

a) when the message has a question mark character "?" in the subject line

or

b) the message is too long.

Could someone please explain that.

Have you turned on logging?  Have you examined the logfile?  Have you
turned on verbose logging to see what procmail thinks is going on?

If not, put the following at the top of your .procmailrc:

LOGFILE = $HOME/procmail.log
VERBOSE = on

Then examine the contents of ~/procmail.log after one of these 'problem'
messages arrives.

Philip Guenther

Hello Philip,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It has been so long since I tweaked with
Procmail that I forgot about verbose logs (-:

In the first case above, messages with question mark in subject were
going to default becuase I was logging the subject of the message
using "echo $SUBJECT" and if $SUBJECT has a string with question
mark, it fails with the message "echo: No match."  The solution was
to put $SUBJECT in quotes.

In the second I added "h" option in the recipes so the message body
is ignored.

Thanks,

--
Anu Garg