IFS and .forward (fwd)

1996-11-17 14:34:23
Oh, drat!  I hate it when I use the wrong alias!  This should have
gone to Procmail.

--                                                             --
Steve Hill                                      Mountain View, CA
  Email: steveh(_at_)nugrange(_dot_)vip(_dot_)best(_dot_)com
415-961-7889

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 14:46:16 -0800
From: "Stephen C. Hill" <steveh(_at_)nugrange(_dot_)vip(_dot_)best(_dot_)com>
Cc: SmartList(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE,
steveh(_at_)nugrange(_dot_)vip(_dot_)best(_dot_)com
Subject: IFS and .forward
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.admin

I seem to be having trouble trying to get a forward to work, and I'm
pretty sure that it is miswritten.  However, I cannot find where the
documentation is located, in order to fix it.  I am running v 1.2.13 of
Slackware Linux.

I HAVE ascertained that the location of procmail is correct, but cannot
figure out the rest of it.  The two that I've tried, are:

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail .procmailrc -f-||exit 75
#steveh"

and

"|IFS=' '&&p=/usr/local/bin/procmail&&test -f $p&&exec $p -Yf-||exit 75
#steveh"

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
  Steve