Re: IFS and .forward (fwd)

1996-11-17 18:59:40
"Stephen C. Hill" <steveh(_at_)nugrange(_dot_)vip(_dot_)best(_dot_)com> writes:
I seem to be having trouble trying to get a forward to work, and I'm
pretty sure that it is miswritten.  However, I cannot find where the
documentation is located, in order to fix it.  I am running v 1.2.13 of
Slackware Linux.

I HAVE ascertained that the location of procmail is correct, but cannot
figure out the rest of it.  The two that I've tried, are:

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail .procmailrc -f-||exit 75
#steveh"

and

"|IFS=' '&&p=/usr/local/bin/procmail&&test -f $p&&exec $p -Yf-||exit 75
#steveh"

I'm not sure what version of sendmail Slackware 1.2.13 comes with, but
if it uses smrsh, then you should

a)      put a link to or copy of procmail in what bin directory smrsh
        is using.  I suggest doing

                strings `which smrsh` | egrep /usr

        then look for something like "/usr/lib/sm.bin", and put the link
        or copy in that directory.

b)      Change your .forward file to just say

        "|procmail -f-"

smrsh will do all the paranoid stuff for you.

If you're not sure if sendmail is using smrsh, try the following:

        grep '^Mlocal' /etc/sendmail.cf

(or wherever the sendmail.cf is).  If you see "smrsh" in the line it
prints, then you're using smrsh.

Philip Guenther