Re: Running Script

1996-11-26 11:36:25

   Yes.  The HBhbf flags make sure that the header, body, etc. ALL go through
   to the script.  More things to try:

   1.  Change the recipe to use a simple shell script in place of do_air:

       #!/bin/sh
       /bin/cat > /tmp/jason
       exit 0

       Then make sure /tmp/jason contains everything you expect.

   2.  Run "do_air < /tmp/jason" by hand and see what happens.  If it's a perl
       script, turn on the -w flag to get any warnings.

   3.  If 1 and 2 don't do anything strange, try running do_air from the
       .procmailrc file using /full/path/to/do_air.

Yup this test did work. But I soon realised it was crashing my mailer
(pine). After running it again, it had appended this to your message
(your message was the last one).

(Resetting uid)
cannot chdir(/usr/spool/mqueue): Permission denied

Any ideas what this is? My guess is that it is trying to access the mail
spool at the same time so I did the following to try go around it. Also
note that my script involves processing the data in the message and
mailing it out (to my self to test).

I have change the recipe to the following

:HBhbf
* ^Subject:.*Air Quality Bulletin
| /home/dill/isps/src/air/do_level > ~/tempStorage
| cat ~tempStorage | mail -s "Massive test" jasont nigell

It does create the 'tempStorage' file and it contains the correct output.
It just doesn't want to mail it out.

Any ideas? All help appreciated.

Jase

  _   _
 |_) |_|      Listings Ltd    \   Jason Tang   /        (01430) 488356  Phone
 |   | |  Bishop's Manor Howden \            /
jasont(_at_)padd(_dot_)press(_dot_)net  Email
--------------< ISPS (Information Systems Production Software) >--------------