Re: error 213, error 13

1996-12-04 10:11:38
Roberto Machado <racm(_at_)centroin(_dot_)com(_dot_)br> writes:
BSDI 2.01, Sendmail 8.6.12. Do you know if there is anything weird with
these two?

No I don't.  I can think of two suggestions:

1) Ask among BSDI users (they have a mailing list, right?) to see if
        anyone else has procmail working as a local mailer, then
        compare setups with them.

2) Compile (but don't install) sendmail 8.8.x and see if you can reproduce
        the problem with it.  If you can't, then there's a possible solution.
        This may qualify as grasping at straws though, so I'd try the
        previous suggestion first.

Other than that, I'd suggest pulling out you favorite debugger,
compiling procmail with debugging and walk through it line by line.
Hmm, procmail does tickle some compiler optimizer bugs, so compiling
with -g and testing may be a good first step.  Time to crank up maximum
paranoia mode and isolate everything that could be affecting the
situation.  The only downside is that doing this takes a large chunk of
time, the world's most precious resource, and may thus not be affordable.

Interesting this story about the version number of TeX!

Donald Knuth has stated that his "last will and testament" for TeX and
METAFONT is for the version numbers shown in the WEB sources be changed
to $\pi$ and $e$, respectively.  TeX is currently at 3.14159 and METAFONT
at 2.718, so they're only a few thousands off right now.  (Followups
on _this_ should go to comp.text.tex)

Philip Guenther