Re: Still having perl problems!

1996-12-05 18:11:13
Dave Downin <downin(_at_)clark(_dot_)net> writes:
I'm still having problems getting procmail to pipe my mail to a perl
script.  It seems as if it insists on running the script under the bourne
shell (sh) which does not understand the #!/usr/bin/perl at the beginning
of the script.  I have included below hopefully EVERYTHING that would be
of use in determining what the hell is going wrong and how to get things
working...

Besides Alan Stebben's suggestion, the only thing I can think of is if
SHELL is set to something really strange or bogus.  Try putting

SHELL=/bin/sh

(or maybe /bin/ksh if you have that and it works sanely) at the top of
your .procmailrc.

Philip Guenther