Re: piping to a distribution list

1996-12-09 10:59:15
i'm not sure if the following request has been answered yet, but i, too,
have a similar need...

i have a quick and dirty email list setup like this:

in /etc/aliases i have...    mylist: :include:/etc/people.list
the "people.list" file holds the email addresses (one per line).  so now
when you email:  mylist(_at_)domain(_dot_)com  all the addresses in
"/etc/people.list"
receive the email.  ok, wonderful...  but now, i would like to have the
insertion of "Reply-To: mylist(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" in each outgoing message
so that
when a recipient does a simple "reply", it automatically gets directed
right back to the list.

i can make "mylist" an actual user, i suppose, and utilize a customized
ProcMail recipe, but i'm not sure what the recipe would look like...

help...

thank you,

- gary