Questions about programming conventions

1996-12-11 15:37:10
Thanks for all the help regarding my Subject line. I am implementing what I
have been told here on the list to see what works the best.

What I am trying to do, not being a computer person, is learn this system
and it's conventions so that I don't have to write it down all the time and
it would help serve as a mneumonic if things are explained.

So, here are my questions:

1.What does the * mean? the $ is an anchor, right?

Also:

2. what is the difference between

:0

and

:0:

3.Another question that I have is how do you know where to put a space or not?

Is

:0D:
* ^Subject:.NET$
Junk

the same as -

:0D:
Junk

?

Yes, I have already read the man files, but I am not a computer programmer
and some of the things seem kinda arbitrary.

Thanks for any help.